Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn Brownies

I found this recipe from one of my favorite foody blogs, Picky Palate. Jenny revised a recipe she found. She cut hers before they were cooled and they looked even yummier and gooeyer! I had to make them.

Thank goodness it was Emi's birthday and I had an excuse - plus people to share it with. I doubled the brownies and put them in a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan. I didn't double anything else and it all fit on top of the larger pan of brownies.



Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn Brownies
1 box brownie mix 9x13 size
3 Cups mini marshmallows
½ stick butter
2/3 Cup corn syrup
10 oz bag peanut butter chips
4 Cups Kettle Corn popcorn, popped
½ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. (I lined the baking dish with foil that I sprayed with cooking spray first)

2. During the last 2 minutes of baking brownies, sprinkle marshmallows over top, bake for 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Remove from oven.

3. In a medium saucepan melt butter, corn syrup and peanut butter chips over medium heat until just melted. Pour mixture over popcorn and stir until coated. Place over marshmallow layer. In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals or until melted smooth. Pour into the corner of a ziplock baggie and snip one corner. Drizzle chocolate back and forth over brownies. Let cool completely before slicing into squares!!

No comments: