Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Peaches & Crepes

Crepes are the old standby in my world of meals. This week, instead of the yummy Nutella, I decided to send peaches (which are in season) and this yummy butter sauce & whip cream for dessert, for a change. Next time, I'll send the Nutella!

Butter Sauce (to go over peaches):
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
2 tsp flour
2 egg yolks
2/3 C evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
pecans (opt)

In small sauce pan, combine ingredients well, boil until thickened. (Watch closely, it will scorch).

4 comments:

Becky A said...

we love this old stand-by! you only brought us 25 and last year you brought 30. I think we need the extra five! We love them!!! and the peaches were yum!

Care said...

Ya - I was up until 2 making them. I kind of jipped everyone including the Grubb's - they got none. I promise that the next crepes will make up for this week. I had that testing at the school all day Tuesday and you know how I tend to overschedule my life . . .

I'm glad that you liked the peaches, next time NUTELLA

Steph said...

Crepes are a good old stand by at our house too. We don't get them very often though because I hate to cook them. It takes forever. But...thank you for doing it. We loved them.

Sue said...

We loved everything! My family likes this one! They were sad about the nutella until I pulled out the peaches and sauce! Very good all around. We ate everything in record time. THANKS!